Upgrading your table saw with a table saw fence is a must in today’s time as, along with safety, it also provides for good alignment. While selecting the perfect fence, capacity should be taken into consideration, for having wider dimensions that can be used for ripping larger cuts. To be precise, having an ideal fence is essential for cutting.
A good fence is rock solid, easily adjustable, and does not move out of measurement after a few uses. Most saws have decent but not perfect fences, which can be a problem. Today, a variety of companies offer table saw fences, making it challenging for the customers to select from. Here is a list of the top 10 fences we have compiled for you:
- List of the Top 10 Table Saw Fences in 2022
- 1. The Most Affordable: Delta’s 36-T30T3 Table Saw Fence
- 2. The Most Practical: Fox W2005 Fence With Standard Railings
- 3. Best Value for Money: Fox W1410 Fence With Standard Rails
- 4. Best Overall: Vega U26 Table Saw Fence
- 5. Best Runner Up: Dewalt’s Table Saw with Fence For Job Site
- 6. Most Costly: Fox W2006 Fence for Table Saw
- 7. Best Light Weight: Fox W1720 Fence for Saw Table
- 8. Best Under 100$: Fulton Precision Miter Gauge
- 9. Best for Convenience: Delta’s 30-inch T-Square Fence
- 10. Easy to Assemble: JessEm 04301 Clear Stock Guides
- Frequently Asked Questions
List of the Top 10 Table Saw Fences in 2022
1. The Most Affordable: Delta’s 36-T30T3 Table Saw Fence
- Brand: DELTA
- Measurements: 37 x 6 x 2.5 inches
- Rip Capacity: 30 inches
Delta’s 36-T30T3 is designed to work with tables from Delta, Contractor saws, Hybrid saws, and other Unisaw models. Delta’s 36-T30T3 fence has a T- square design, with three separate locking systems that help you in accurately conducting measurements without any inconvenience. The maximum number of rips you can do is 30 inches from the right, which makes it a fence with less capacity. High-quality aluminum and steel have been used to make this fence, making it an excellent buy for its price!
Key Features –
- Can handle precision, quick ripping, and square cuts
- Can be easily carried
- Accuracy is down to 1/64 of an inch
- Separate lockings help with accurate measurements
- Made from good quality material
2. The Most Practical: Fox W2005 Fence With Standard Railings
- Brand: SHOP FOX
- Measurements: 57.3 x 19.5 x 7.5 inches
- Rip Capacity: 25 inches
The Fox W2005 is a great pick if you want to buy a fence on the costlier side. This fence not only gives you accurate measurements but also helps you make straight and even cuts. The design includes a larger right angle, giving a maximum of a 25-inch rip. It comes equipped with an easy installation and liftoff process, making it convenient for all the buyers out there! The body of this saw fence is made with powder-coated paint, making it one of the best fences for durability!
- Not user friendly
- Liftoff feature is excellent for performing cross cuts
- Single locking cam action lever avoids sliding
- Has a simple mounting procedure
- Comes with an optional rail feature
3. Best Value for Money: Fox W1410 Fence With Standard Rails
- Brand: SHOP FOX
- Measurements: Not mentioned
- Rip Capacity: 27 inches
With a classic design and function, the Fox W1410 is perfect for table saw owners who want a good quality fence at a cost-friendly price! It works perfectly on a 27-inch table that has an easy installation procedure with locks on both sides. With the positioning knobs on both sides for right or left-handed use, it can withstand multiple works such as; cutting, trimming, and routing. With these locks, adjustments can be made safely without any hassles. There is a two-piece cross rail that bolts between the two fence rails for extra support.
- Easily manageable
- Made from high-quality aluminum and steel
- Fits on major brand-name table saws
- Easy to install
- Ball bearings for smooth functioning
4. Best Overall: Vega U26 Table Saw Fence
- Brand: VEGA
- Measurements: 54 x 8 x 4 inches
- Rip Capacity: 36 inches
Designed to work with tables from most companies, the Vega U26 is the perfect buy for people who want a precise cutting machine at a reasonable price. Even though it has a 36-inch fence bar, it’s more inclined towards the right than the left side. So, you need to be careful when you lock it in place as the one end may wobble. With a safe and performance accessory, the installation doesn’t take more than 15 minutes.
- Works with a blade
- Extremely lightweight
- Fairly convenient to install
- Made from rock-solid metal
- Does not come with a saw
5. Best Runner Up: Dewalt’s Table Saw with Fence For Job Site
- Brand: DEWALT
- Measurements: 26.65 x 14.08 x 27.15 inches
- Rip Capacity: 24.5 inches
The Dewalt’s table saw weighs more than 50 pounds, making it exceptionally compact and accessible. It comes with an onboard storage facility that makes it convenient for you to take transport to a construction site. The rip capacity is 24.5 inches, offering various cuts for ripping 4×8 plywood or OSB sheets. The rack and pinion fence adjustment is rock-solid. An integrated measurement bar gives accuracy for the work along with a high RPM that allows cleaner cuts through most materials, making it one of the best buys for people who work at construction sites!
- Less portable
- Has an RPM of 5800 with 15 amp for completing several applications
- Portable due to the compact storage
- Metal roll cage ensures job site durability
- Easily adjustable
6. Most Costly: Fox W2006 Fence for Table Saw
- Brand: SHOP FOX
- Measurements: 87.01 x 8.66 x 3.94 inches
- Rip Capacity: 54 inches
The Fox fence is the most robust and accurate fence in the market that comes with 7 foot long rails to provide up to 54-inch rip on the right side, making it one of the broadest tip measurements available! With the rails having a nice black powder coat for durability, the fence fits all table saws, making it one of the best options available! It comes with adjustable slider pads to ensure precision and smooth adjustments with minimal efforts and can lever action for locking the fence firmly. With that, the torsion box design makes sure there are no deflections while guiding wood.
- Not easily accessible
- Has braced support legs for strength and rigidity
- HDPE fence provides effortless material feeding
- Adhesive tape and magnified cursor allows accuracy
- Slider pads for precision cuts
7. Best Light Weight: Fox W1720 Fence for Saw Table
- Brand: STORE FOX
- Measurements: Not Mentioned
- Rip Capacity: 50 inches
The Fox W1720 is a massive unit that fits most saws. The right-angle design made with thrust aluminum and steel makes this a fence durable, lightweight, and accurate. It comes with a magnified cursor and adhesive tape for fast positioning of the fence with acute precision. It gives an adequate rip capacity of 50 inches cut to the right side of the blade, making it cost-effective for its price. When the fence is at the desired position, the heavy-duty locking lever makes sure no movement occurs, ensuring safety and accuracy.
- Exceptionally lightweight and easy to carry
- Maximum 50″ rips can be made
- Easy single locking cam action lever
- Magnified cursor lens and adhesive tape
- Heavy-duty locking lever
8. Best Under 100$: Fulton Precision Miter Gauge
- Brand: FULTON WOODWORKING TOOLS, INC.
- Measurements: 18.8 x 4.8 x 2.3 inches
- Rip Capacity: not mentioned
Getting accurate, easy to cut, and cross-cutting angles on the table with a low price sounds highly impossible, but Fulton’s Precision Mitre Gauge comes precisely equipped with that! Since it’s priced under $100, it is highly economical and comes with a 45-degree angle end for maximum stock support. With the miter gauge being made of aluminum, it not only makes the fence durable but accurate with a faster set-up time. It helps in easy and accurate cross-cutting because of the miter gauge that has been provided.
- Very lightweight
- Comes with a standard size miter bar of 3/4″ x 3/8″
- Aluminium flip stop is provided for making repetitive cuts
- Close proximity of blades help in precision
- Easy to set up
9. Best for Convenience: Delta’s 30-inch T-Square Fence
- Brand: DELTA
- Measurements: 85 x 5 x 48 inches
- Rip Capacity: 30 inches
Delta 30 inch T-square fence is only used by people who have a Delta Unisaw, as it does not fit any other saw. With a rip capacity of 30 inches for the right side, the left side only has a maximum capacity of 12 inches, making it tilt more towards the right. It comes with a laminated nine-ply birch plywood slides for durability and non – marring and solid nylon pads for easy gliding. As the body is made of 14 gauge welded steel, it renders the fence convenient and accurate for positioning.
- User friendly and accurate
- Fence clamps to both front tubes for perfect parallelism
- Body is made from steel for accuracy
- Comes with solid nylon pads for easy gliding
10. Easy to Assemble: JessEm 04301 Clear Stock Guides
- Brand: JessEm
- Measurements: 31 x 4 x 8 inches
- Rip Capacity: not mentioned
JessEm’s fence comes with features such as fast installation, kickback resistance, and consistent hold-in and hold-down pressures, for making cleaner cuts are of great handy for its price. It comes with 5- degree angled rollers that help to hold with full force if the wood moves in the other direction. The roller axles have been made from cold-rolled steel and case hardened for higher durability, whereas the rollers have been made from wear-resistant acetal resin. The guide is made from 6000 series aluminum and anodized for appearance, making it quite durable.
- Extremely light and easy to maneuver
- One way roller fitting avoids spinning
- Can be easily set up
- Can fit a maximum stock thickness of 13/16″
- Grip force urethane rollers hold the stock securely
For a fair and accurate cutting, an excellent quantity fence is much needed for any table saw. The table saw comes in a variety of sizes and options, and so does the fence system. While some fence systems will fit on any sized saw, others will be restricted by their length, and thus it becomes quite challenging to select the best fence for your saw. With the list above, it provides a variety of fences with different rips, width lengths, price, quality, and durability, which will help you choose your fence accordingly!
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 1 – Which Is Better, Biesemeyer, Or Unifence Rip Fence?
Ans: Both are amazing for giving accurate tape measurements for setting distances and cutting them into the indicated dimensions. However, the Biesemeyer rip fence is less prone to deflection. Its steel construction provides no wear on the tube, and if the blade drives into the fence, the damaged part can be replaced. But, the replacement cost is very high, which makes this product overall too costly. Hence, it’s low cost and more comfortable to build jigs makes it much better than Unifence.
Ques 2 – What Are The Reasons For A Table Saw Not Cutting Straight?
Ans: There are multiple reasons for the straw not cutting straight. Some of them include the blade being warped or not being securely tightened. The person is too inexperienced or is using a poor form for the work, or the blade can is not parallel to the blade, creating inaccurate and uneven cuts.
Ques 3 – Can Miter Saw Make Rip Cuts?
Ans – No, the miter saw cannot make rip cuts, as it is designed to only make cross cuts. Crosscuts are cuts made across the width of the board, while rip cuts are lengthwise cuts, making it importable for a miter saw to slit the plywood sheet down to size. Table hand saws, on the other hand, can make both rip and crosscuts with ease.