No matter what the weather outside, propane gas heaters will help you keep your garage warm and comfortable with ease! These heaters use propane as a fuel to produce heat and insulate the entire garage in a short time. They are powerful and cost-effective heaters and are better in terms of efficiency and functionality, as compared to electric or kerosene heaters. Also, they function in a clean and tranquil way to insulate your garage or your home. There are a variety of propane gas heaters available in the market, and some of the best ones are listed below for your convenience:
- List of the 10 Best Propane Gas Heaters in 2022
- 1. Best Overall: Mr. Heater MH60QFAV Propane Gas Heater
- 2. Best Runner Up: Mr. Heater Corporation F299730 Heater
- 3. Best For Small Places: Mr. Heater Corporation MH18B Portable Propane Heater
- 4. Best Force Air Safety: Mr. Heater Forced Air Propane Heater F271390
- 5. Best Value For Money: Mr. Heater Corporation Convection Heater
- 6. Cheapest Of All: ProCom PCC80V Propane Convection Heater
- 7. Best Under $ 100: Mr. Heater Corporation BTU 540 Degree Tank Top
- 8. Best Wall Heater: Mr. Heater F260550
- 9. Best Blue Flame Heater: Dyna-Glo BTU Blue Flame Thermostatic Garage Vent Free Wall Heater
- 10. Most Quiet Heater: Mr. Heater F260560 Big Maxx MHU80NG Natural Gas Unit Heater
- Frequently Asked Questions:
List of the 10 Best Propane Gas Heaters in 2022
1. Best Overall: Mr. Heater MH60QFAV Propane Gas Heater
- Heating BTUs: 30.000 – 60.000
- Coverage Area: 1,500 Sq Ft
- Weight: 13.01 pounds
This heavy-duty designed propane gas heater is specially built for challenging job sites but can also be included in garages. It comes equipped with a standard 10-feet hose that has an attached regulator and necessary safety measures such as safety valves and high limit switches. This makes the heater easy and comfortable to be used on any Job or construction site, patio, and garages.
It is quite simple to connect; you need to plug the heater into a 115v outlet and then link the included regulator and hose to a propane tank. The Quiet burner technology (QBT) makes this heater quieter than other propane heaters. So, if you want to hear yourself think in your garage or a job site, then you should go for this heater.
- Portable with multiple uses
- Heats while producing less noise
- Ensures safety during usage
- Simple to maneuver
- Lightweight and enduring
2. Best Runner Up: Mr. Heater Corporation F299730 Heater
- Heating BTUs: 30,000
- Coverage Area: 750 sq ft
- Weight: 26.8 pounds
This liquid propane heater provides the perfect heating solution even on the chilliest days! It comes equipped with a thermostat for better temperature control in your garage. Also, they don’t need extra power and run on a battery-powered electronic ignition. This model can conveniently be mounted to a wall since it comes with wall mount hardware and fasteners. It includes a blue flame heater, which makes this propane heater more warm and suitable for narrow areas. This propane heater is highly efficient and gives you a warm and comfortable atmosphere to complete all your garage work.
- Runs on electric ignition
- Includes wall mounting
- Comprises a blue flame heater
- Heating up to 750 square feet
- An in-built oxygen shut-off system
3. Best For Small Places: Mr. Heater Corporation MH18B Portable Propane Heater
- Heating BTUs: 4,000 – 18,000
- Coverage Area: 450 sq ft
- Weight: 16.4 pounds
This is a perfect little heater for small spaces, as it covers a maximum area of 450 square feet and has high heating BTU. It effortlessly connects with propane gas cylinders to warm up your small garages. Moreover, it comes equipped with a tip-over safety shut-off and an oxygen depletion sensor so that you can use this heater for prolonged periods to keep yourself warm. With its size and exterior design coming with a handle, this model is quite portable and is easy to carry around. This unit can also easily be placed on the shelves of your garage since it is compact in size.
- Easy to carry
- Portable and long-lasting
- Easy to connect with propane gas cylinders
- Equipped with safety measures
- Compact size
- Easy to startup
4. Best Force Air Safety: Mr. Heater Forced Air Propane Heater F271390
- Heating BTUs: 125,000
- Coverage Area: 3,125 sq ft
- Weight: 3 pounds
Mr. Heater forced air propane warmer spot features that make it ideal for comfortable and productive warmth supply. It comes with a standard Quiet Burner Technology that makes it 50 percent soundless, as compared to other heaters. Moreover, it comes equipped with a regulator on a ten-foot hose, high limit switches, and thermoelectric safety valves for a secure warming function.
It is suitable for use not only in garages but also in other large spaces such as construction sites or backyards. Since the heater is quite hot, featuring a heating BTU between 75000 to 125,000 units. This model has a split barrel design that allows for easy usage and maintenance.
- Warms up large spaces
- Featuring the Quiet Burner Technology
- Equipped with a heavy-duty handle
- Easy to maintain
- High heating BTU
- Equipped with safety functions
5. Best Value For Money: Mr. Heater Corporation Convection Heater
- Heating BTU: 75,000 – 200,000
- Coverage Area: 5,000 sq ft
- Weight: 18.3 pounds
This corporation convection heater is an efficient propane heater that works incredibly well to provide warmth in your workplace! It needs to be hooked up to a 20lb propane tank, after which you need to light the heater with the piezo igniter and enjoy the coziness of a warm job site! This model comes fully assembled with no extra electricity required for functioning. Also, it comes equipped with a safety valve that shuts off the gas flow, in case the flame ever goes out. So, you can use this propane heater to warm up an area up to 5,000 square feet conveniently without any worry!
- Portable and durable
- Comes fully assembled
- No electricity required
- Includes a 10 ft hose and regulator
- Operates on a 100lb tank up to 29 hours
- Used with liquid propane
6. Cheapest Of All: ProCom PCC80V Propane Convection Heater
- Heating BTUs: 80,000
- Coverage Area: 1,900 sq ft
- Weight: 12.8 pounds
ProCom Heating Inc. has been manufacturing high-quality gas heating appliances for over 20 years with dedication and permanence. This ProCom propane gas heater will give you a 360-degree radius heating, which allows for efficient and quick heat distribution. Thus, it becomes easy for you to start the machine with a push-button ignition system, eliminating the need for electricity.
This propane heater is engineered, designed, and tested in the USA and is approved by the CSA standards. The heater can run up to 11 hours on a 20lb propane cylinder, and up to 22 hours on a 40lb propane cylinder, making it suitable for any garage. Plus, these cylinders can be refilled to reduce waste. It is a powerful yet lightweight heater that can warm up your whole garage quickly in fifteen minutes!
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to startup
- Has a 360-degree heating radius
- No electricity required
- Features an ignition system
- Comes with regulator attached on a standard hose
7. Best Under $ 100: Mr. Heater Corporation BTU 540 Degree Tank Top
- Heating BTUs: 30,000 – 45,000
- Coverage Area:
- Weight: 5.5 pounds
This uniquely designed propane heater puts out a substantial amount of heat in your garage or work shed on even the coldest days! With mounting brackets and fasteners, this unit can permanently be mounted to a wall or can be securely placed on the floor. It features a rotating burner that provides both directional and multi-directional heat in your surroundings. Moreover, this model comes equipped with a piezo ignition switch for easy ignition and a multi-output valve for temperature regulation. It also comes with an automatic shut off button and the necessary fittings for safe and secure use. Overall, it is a great tool that provides ample warmth to you at a low price!
- Convenient to operate
- Provides 540-degree heat radius
- Comes with an automatic shut-off switch
- Offers three-heat settings
- Features an oxygen depletion sensor
- Comfortable and quiet to use
8. Best Wall Heater: Mr. Heater F260550
- Heating BTUs: 50,000
- Coverage Area: 1250 sq ft
- Weight: 63 pounds
This propane gas heater by Mr. Heater is quiet and vented for effortless heating that comes in a low-profile design for an easy installation. One of the benefits of using this heater is that it doesn’t require electricity, but only needs a 115V AC supply for perfect functionality! It warms up your surroundings quickly and offers versatility and safety in its operations. This unit comes with natural gas to liquid propane conversion kit and sparks ignition function. Moreover, this heater comes with a three-year limited warranty on burners and parts; and a ten- year warranty on any defects in the heat exchanger. Concluding this description, it is an excellent heater that performs incredibly well!
- Simple to install
- Durable and long-lasting
- Use with natural gas
- Convenient to use in buildings with low-ceiling
- Comes with warranty
9. Best Blue Flame Heater: Dyna-Glo BTU Blue Flame Thermostatic Garage Vent Free Wall Heater
- Heating BTUs: 30,000
- Coverage Area: 1,000 sq ft
- Weight: 28.1 pounds
This Dyna-Glo heater is a highly-efficient product that generates enough heat to warm up an area of 1,000 sq ft. very quickly! It is an excellent choice for emergencies when the power goes out, as this heater does not require electricity to operate. Further, it comes equipped with the Blue Flame Technology that works the same way as a central heating system for warming the air. With the dual-fuel technology, this device can operated as both the propane gas heater and natural gas heater. This heater automatically adjusts itself to your desired room temperature and provides you with a comfortable atmosphere. On the whole, it is a fantastic unit that comes with specific safety measures and the necessary hardware!
- Reliable and durable
- Uses liquid propane and natural gas
- Features a thermostat control knob
- Convenient to use
- Comes equipped with safety measures
- Pretty simple to wall mount
10. Most Quiet Heater: Mr. Heater F260560 Big Maxx MHU80NG Natural Gas Unit Heater
- Heating BTUs: 80,000
- Coverage Area: 2,000 sq ft
- Weight: 86.5 pounds
If you work in your garage all year round and require a quiet and reliable heat source, then this Mr. Heater natural gas unit should be your first choice! This unit uses a built-in high-velocity electric fan to pull in chilly air into the heater and across the heat exchanger. Moreover, the installation process of this heater is quite simple with; supplied brackets, thermostat connections, and a mounting clearance of only one inch. This heater only needs a 115V AC power and can be vented both horizontally and vertically. It is a well-sturdy compact heater that ensures a pleasant working environment!
- A low-profile design
- Well-sturdy and compact
- Used with natural gas
- Provides a quiet and safe environment
- Vented both vertically and horizontally
These propane gas heaters are all highly productive machines that provide efficient warmth in your garage, even on the coldest day! They all are made from superior materials and are easy to install. Moreover, these heaters come fully assembled, and you only need to plug them in, and they become ready for use! These heaters come equipped with certain safety features that provide you with a safe working environment. Also, most of them have a high heating capacity and produce no noise while warming your garage. They also require no electricity and thus can be used in emergency conditions when the power goes out. Overall, these propane gas heaters are all reliable and durable products that provide you a comfortable and toast work area!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are Propane Heaters Safe To Use?
It is safe to use a propane gas heater in your garage, as most of these heaters come with safety measures installed. Also, try to follow other safety measures such as; keeping combustible items away, not leaving the heater unattended, and checking for leaky holes.
How To Clean A Propane Gas Heater?
To clean a propane gas heater, remove the cylinder and ensure there is no gas leak. Second, vacuum off the heater’s debris, and then remove the parts of the heater one by one, and clean each piece gently using a brush.
Where Should I Place The Heater In My Garage?
It would be best if you placed your propane garage heater in the coldest part of the garage and angled the heater so that it blows the heat directly towards the middle of the door. Moreover, there should be a minimum of four inches of space between the wall and the heater.