Crawl spaces are often places that get overlooked in the daily upkeep of our houses. Such areas are usually found in the basements of our abode and foster an unhealthy indoor air for our home. Generally, the crawl space can become very moist and humid, considering the outdoor conditions and can cause severe health issues. That is why buying a proficient Crawl Space Dehumidifier is essential. But given ample options to choose from the market, selecting a product ideal for your use can become confusing. Here’s a list we have complied with the top-10 crawl space dehumidifiers for your basements!
OUR TOP 3
- List of the 10 Best Crawl Space Dehumidifiers in 2022
- 1. Best Overall – Vremi Medium-Room Dehumidifier (Up To 1,500 Sq. Ft.)
- 2. Best Runner Up – ALORAIR Sentinel HD90 Dehumidifier ( Up To 2,600 Sq. Ft)
- 3. Best Under $200 – Waykar 40 Pint Dehumidifier (Up To 2,000 Sq. Ft.)
- 4. Best Value For Money – Alorair Commercial Restoration Dehumidifier (Up To 2,300 Sq. Ft)
- 5. Cheapest Amongst All – Vacplus 50 Pints Dehumidifier (Up To 1,500 Sq. Ft.)
- 6. Most Convenient And Simple – Homelabs Energy Star Dehumidifier For Medium Rooms And Basements By (Up To 1,500 Sq. Ft)
- 7. Most Environment-Friendly And Sustainable – Honeywell TP30WK Dehumidifier Anti Spill Continuous (Up To 1,000 Sq. Ft.)
- 8. Best For Larger Spaces – Aprilaire 1820 Pro Dehumidifier For Large Basements And Crawl Spaces (Up To 2,800 Sq. Ft.)
- 9. Most Durable Of All – Alorair Sentinel HD55 Dehumidifier For Basement And Crawl Spaces (Up To 1,300 Sq. Ft.)
- 10. Most Effective For Mansions – TOSOT 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier With Pump For Basement
- FAQs: (Frequently Asked Questions)
List of the 10 Best Crawl Space Dehumidifiers in 2022
Video: How to reduce humidity in basement by Social Nope
1. Best Overall – Vremi Medium-Room Dehumidifier (Up To 1,500 Sq. Ft.)
- Manufacturer: VREMI
- Dimensions: 16.1 inches x 10.4 inches x 19.9 inches
- Color: Silver and Grey
The VERMI 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier, surely knows how to enhance the indoor air quality of your house! It has many smart in-built features that boost its performance to conveniently eradicate any moisture in your indoor surroundings. Not only does it effectively remove the prevailing humidity, but it also knows how to maintain dry air that is comfortable and soothing to you.
The Vremi Medium room Dehumidifier is a premium product of choice at a very reasonable cost. This product is certified by Energy Star and consumes minimum energy to absorb moisture in Medium to even larger rooms! With a sleek design and crisp looks, it sports built-in wheels and is thus easy to move around the house. The Vremi Dehumidifier is a go-to product with a capacity to remove up to 22 pints of humidity from the air every day!
- Very easy to use
- Continuous 24-hour dehumidifying cycle
- Supports a turbofan
- Convenient drain accessibility
- Is compact and easy to carry
- Removable water tank
2. Best Runner Up – ALORAIR Sentinel HD90 Dehumidifier ( Up To 2,600 Sq. Ft)
- Manufacturer: ALORAIR
- Dimensions: 23.2 inches x 15.2 inches x 17.7 inches
- Color: Black and gloss white
A mammoth of a product, the AlorAir Basement, and Crawl Space Dehumidifier is an ideal dehumidification device. It is designed, keeping in mind considerable energy savings. So it saves power while absorbing the indoor humidity of an area as large as 2,600 Sq. Ft. If you have a large house with several rooms, then this product is absolutely for you! It has an efficient defrosting process and can work in temperatures as low as 36 Degree Fahrenheit!
Further, AlorAir gives you five years of warranty with this product. It is built to endure more and last longer and thus has an advanced technology that offers internal corrosion protection. For a product that looks solid, the ALORAIR Sentinel HD90 eradicates a maximum of 11.3 gallons of moisture from the air every day!
- Epoxy-coated coils to prevent corrosion
- Efficient energy savings
- Comes equipped with gravity draining
- Strong and durable as a tank
- Optional remote control system (to be purchased separately)
- Bypass Air sensor
3. Best Under $200 – Waykar 40 Pint Dehumidifier (Up To 2,000 Sq. Ft.)
- Manufacturer: WAYKAR
- Dimensions: 23 inches x 14 inches x 11 inches
- Color: Pearl white
This exceptionally affordable dehumidifier by Waykar has been designed for optimal usage! It can absorb around 5 gallons (40 pints) of humidity from the air each day for areas expanding up to 2,000 Sq. Ft! It is a well-crafted piece of technology that is fit for removing moisture and humidity in your; bathrooms, kitchen, living room, and laundry room other than your basement or crawl space!
This machine is so easy to move that you’ll forget you’re even carrying a dehumidification device! It has an adjustable ergonomic lift-up handle along with rotator wheels so that you have no problem shifting it around your house. This dehumidifier is a smart device with intelligent control options as it automatically turns itself off when the desired humidity level has been removed. With tons of unique features, it’s a must-buy!
- Features an intelligent control panel
- Easy maneuvering with an ergonomic handle
- Options for both Auto and manual draining
- Washable Air Filter
- Easy removable and washable filter
- Controllable fan speed
4. Best Value For Money – Alorair Commercial Restoration Dehumidifier (Up To 2,300 Sq. Ft)
- Manufacturer: ALORAIR
- Dimensions: 22.8 inches x 13.7 inches x 17.3 inches
- Color: Red
Now, you can even stack your dehumidifier in the back of your car! This baby-sized dehumidifier has been made keeping in mind the commercial use. This device is completely sealed by rubber strips and does not let the water, which in turn helps in shielding its circuit board. The machine, with its compact design, saves up more space but has an increased range of up to 2,300 Sq. Ft area!
With an epoxy coating on its coils, the dehumidifier has this innovative feature that doesn’t let the coil get overheated and enhances the coil’s durability. You would be surprised to know that this tiny machine can drain as much as 85 pints (40 Litres) of humidity per day! Since this is the only model specializing in flood & water damaged dehumidification and is priced reasonably, The ALORAIR LGR Extreme 180PPD Dehumidifier is undoubtedly a value for the money!
- Easy to use
- Low maintenance
- Easy for transportation with ridged handles
- Specialized for flood & water damage restoration
- Waterproof design body
- Equipped with Hot Gas Defrosting System
Also check: Top 10 Best Hard Floor Cleaner Machines in 2022
5. Cheapest Amongst All – Vacplus 50 Pints Dehumidifier (Up To 1,500 Sq. Ft.)
- Manufacturer: Vacplus
- Dimensions: 13 inches x 9.3 inches x 21 inches
- Color: Black and White
This multi-featured Dehumidification device by Vacplus is one of the cheapest ones you can buy in the market! It looks like a mini portable fridge and thus can be a perfect fit in any space in your house. Be it bathrooms, kitchen, bedroom, or your basement, it is fit for every room and has in-built castor wheels. An unusually striking feature of the Vacplus Dehumidifier is its Wi-Fi remote control accessibility.
Another remarkable feature is that apart from being just a dehumidification device, it serves other purposes like drying clothes. This machine soaks up about 50 pints (24 liters) of humidity per day. This sleek machine has a highly efficient dehumidification system, which can be controlled via the Wi-Fi remote control and can be accessed on your phone as well!
- Multiple modes
- Removable and washable filter
- Wi-Fi-powered remote control
- The timing boot and the shutdown function
- Multi-mode LED control panel
- Easy assembly and disassembly
6. Most Convenient And Simple – Homelabs Energy Star Dehumidifier For Medium Rooms And Basements By (Up To 1,500 Sq. Ft)
- Manufacturer: hOmeLabs
- Dimensions: 15.2 inches x 10 inches x 19.7 inches
- Color: White
The simply designed and highly effective dehumidifier, manufactured by HOmeLabs, is an Energy Star certified machine with a different purpose in mind. This machine sports a rather ordinary look, yet looks ambient and soothing to one’s eyes. Each day, it eradicates 22 pints of moisture from a 1,500 Sq. Ft room. Further, Vacplus sells this dehumidification device in two other variants of 3,000 and 4,500 Sq. Ft. respectively.
HOmeLabs is also offering a two-year warranty, with an extended six-month warranty if you purchase it from their website! With this dehumidifier, all you have to do is, set your ideal humidity settings and not worry about it for the next 24 hours until its tank is fully loaded! Adding to its features, this beast of a machine also has a turbofan that remains silent while it functions!
- Full-fledged touch Control Panel
- Auto Shut-off and restart
- Turbofan mode
- Easy drainage access
- Auto Defrosting mode
- Default Continuous Dehumidifying
7. Most Environment-Friendly And Sustainable – Honeywell TP30WK Dehumidifier Anti Spill Continuous (Up To 1,000 Sq. Ft.)
- Manufacturer: Honeywell
- Dimensions: 10.5 inches x 13.2 inches x 20.1 inches
- Color: White
For a change, the Honeywell TP30WKN model is a powerful dehumidifying device to be used for smaller rooms. With a dehumidifying room range up to 1,000 Sq. Ft, this simple yet elegant machine can do away with about 30 pints (14 liters) of moisture from your rooms every day! With its given range, this model by Honeywell fits perfectly in small basements and living rooms.
Honeywell also backs up this product with a five-year warranty. The applications of this device are not just limited to your house. You can use it in your Kitchen, Laundry rooms, and Gyms too! The TP30WK dehumidifier houses an anti-spill tank, making it easier for you to connect the drain tube. As it is energy star certified, the device has a minimal energy consumption but renders powerful dehumidification! It fits well with users who are environmental enthusiasts!
- Energy efficient
- Easy to maintain
- Splash Guard feature
- Heavy-duty Trim handle
- Supports a digital Humidistat Control for Automatic dehumidification
- Filter Change Alert
- Sleep mode
8. Best For Larger Spaces – Aprilaire 1820 Pro Dehumidifier For Large Basements And Crawl Spaces (Up To 2,800 Sq. Ft.)
- Manufacturer: Aprilaire
- Dimensions: 12.5 inches x 12.5 inches x 25 inches
- Color: Gray
As the name suggests, the Aprilaire Dehumidifier is a pro when it comes to removing humidity and moisture from large spaces. A small sized Aprilaire dehumidifier is enough for your large condo! Aprilaire offers you this device in 3 more variants, with the maximum capacity of dehumidifying areas up to 7,500 Sq. Ft. However, this model has a range of 2,800 Sq. Ft. and can expel 70 pints (33 liters) of moisture every day!
The dehumidifier doesn’t weigh much and can be easily shifted across rooms and is perfect for crawl space and basements. Besides, Aprilaire backs this model with a five-year warranty to ensure you a comfortable frame of mind. With wholesome features, robust functionality, and a reasonable price, this product is a must-buy for any large space!
- Convenient and straightforward to use
- Compact Size
- Functional in admittedly tight spaces
- Easy to assemble
- Prevents termites, fungi, and odors to prevail in a sealed crawl space
9. Most Durable Of All – Alorair Sentinel HD55 Dehumidifier For Basement And Crawl Spaces (Up To 1,300 Sq. Ft.)
- Manufacturer: AlorAir
- Dimensions: 19.2 inches x 12.2 inches x 13.3 inches
- Color: Gray
The Sentinel HD55 Dehumidifier by AlorAir has been built to last long. Having a body as mighty as a tank, it is ideal for any type of space. Be it a large room or a garage; the Sentinel HD55 can fulfill your dehumidifying needs anywhere! As hefty as its functionality sounds, the machine is designed to impressively absorb the moisture without causing a spur in electricity consumption.
What’s more? AlorAir’s strong five-year warranty backs the Sentinel HD55! Impressively, this compact dehumidifier features the HGV (Hot Gas Valve) Defrosting system, allowing it to work under temperatures as low as 36 Degree Fahrenheit. This appliance is highly efficient for energy consumption and is durable because it has an in-built internal corrosion Protection.
- Gravity Draining
- Easy to operate
- Epoxy coating on coils
- Ergonomic handles for comfortable transportation
- Bypass Air sensors
- Memory start
- Accessible by a remote control
10. Most Effective For Mansions – TOSOT 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier With Pump For Basement
- Manufacturer: TOSOT
- Dimensions: 13.7 inches x 10.6 inches x 21.9 inches
- Color: White
Don’t judge the TOSOT Dehumidifier by its size! This Average sized machine can do twice as much the work you think it can! By the looks of it, the TOSOT 4,500 Sq. Ft. dehumidifier has a crisp design on the front and a removable water tank at the bottom. On the top, it has a simple yet intelligent control panel that is easily operable and lets you control its fan speed.
The appliance is Energy Star certified and offers an effective dehumidifying at low energy consumption. The TOSOT dehumidifier has a magnanimous range of 4,500 Sq. Ft. and can deplete 50 pints (23 liters) of humidity every day. It houses an internal pump that automatically removes the collected water from this appliance. While saving you money and offering a wide range of utilities, it’s worth a try!
- A Money-saving appliance
- Operates silently
- Offers real-time Monitoring
- Easy to operate
- Power outage restart
- Continuous drainage system
FAQs: (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question 1: Why Do I Need A Dehumidifier In My House?
Answer: As the name suggests, Dehumidifiers help in reducing humidity, moisture, and even dust, which makes your home less prone to various diseases and allergies. It also helps in removing allergens like molds, mites, and mildews. Along with this, having a dehumidifier at home means low electricity bills, as it helps your AC to work more efficiently. That is why you should have this appliance installed in your house.
Question 2: Is It Okay If I Run My Dehumidifier Constantly?
Answer: Well, it does not matter for how long you keep your dehumidifier working in a day, as long as you keep cleaning its air filter occasionally. The secret to the longevity of a dehumidifier lies in its air filter since it is the most pivotal part where all the magic happens.
Question 3: Is The Water Collected From My Dehumidifier Consumable?
Answer: Again, this depends on how well maintained the water tank in the dehumidifier is, and also on how long the water has been sitting in your appliance. This does not mean that the water is not drinkable or inconsumable. The water from the moisture this appliance collects is free from its original impurities. This condensed water is pure and sits in the tank and is ready for consumption, given your coils are perfectly clean.
A well-designed and utility potent dehumidifier can be labeled as a perfect addition to your household applications. Having a Dehumidifier installed in your home means you strive to live a healthy and comfortable lifestyle. There are ample of Dehumidifiers available in the market offering a large variety of sizes, uses, and utilities. Consequently, you need to carefully analyze your indoor space before you decide what the best deal for you is. Hopefully, the above list will help you in smart decision making.